Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Molds (also spelled as moulds).. yeasts.. are all around in the air..
as long as the medium u give them to grow is their food (right medium).. they can grow like no tomoro..
BUT.. when u need only a clean culture... n of course only one type of mold or yeast growing on it..
IT IS SO DIFFICULT U FEEL LIKE CURSING THIS ENTIRE FIFTH KINGDOM!!!
coz they always invite their other friends to stay at their home.. T_T fml..
of course when u finally have a clean culture.. n then u transferred them to a new home to sample them.. THEY FARKING INVITE THEIR FRIENDS AGAIN!!

I dunno how many hours I have spent on them.. how many MEA n PDA medium I have used... how many parafilms I have wasted.. how many litre of ethanol n bleach I have generously applied to the bench to sterilize..
n after all this shit.. dun forget the part where u have to identify them.. n that is another whole new pain in the ass story.. HAHA...

but one thing that made me feel so good the entire day was... lol..
the most difficult shooting ascomycetes spores on the agar plate..(u hang them on the plate lid...n then u stick the Ascomycetes face down so they shoot their spores on the plate..ya hard to explain here..juz imagining it is already so frustrating hahaha... to do it u need over 100% concentration..) With over 50% chance of getting ur plate contaminated during the process of transferring germinating spores.. hahah...
I shot 8 plates.. n 7 of them GROW PROPERLY.. YEAH! CLEAN PERFECT CULTURE.. =D
1 of them grow properly but with a mold grew at the petri dish corner.. zzZ so it is contaminated..
thought I could use it for my mold culture.. after all the hardcore work (transferring..make mount..microscope..etc) found dat it is from d same genus that I already got.. AIHZZ..fml

got praised for having the best sterilizing technique.. lolol.... (n I m not sure whether should be proud of it or not.. hahaha.... it is not like an amazing technique u can simply include in d resume.. HAHAHA)


The write-ups for these 13 fungus is due next Friday.. n everyone hasn't get their molds culture perfect yet..
what I can say is.. GOOD LUCK!!
everytime u see shit happens.. it is so depressing..frustrating.. n u feel like stabbing the scalpel to the person next to u n watch them die.. HAHAHAHA.....

Did I tell u ... we use scalpels so much during the transfer of cultures..where u need to cut a very small piece containing only an area of less dense hyphae.. it is harder then doing a bypass heart surgery..lolol..juz kidding..but really... it improves ur handling of scalpels.. xD but the tips is.. JUZ FIND A SCALPEL WIF A REALLY TINY BLADE N U R ALL SET Lol.. too bad our dissecting kit only gives us larger blades for dissecting mouse.. xD the lab only has this one tiny blade in its drawer..n only I knew it is there undercovered among all those larger scalpels (I hope).. hehehehe..... n each time after using it..I will bury it back under the heaps of large blades so anyone finding it will get cut.. LOOOL... *evil laugh* ya..n i need to go through all those everytime to get it too.. xD how stupid n silly...


ah.. please bear wif me for such lengthy n boring post...all about me blabbering about some stupid lab sessions.. lolol.... ya.. I love dis course very much... dis morning.. when the lab technician suddenly said dis while I was in the lab.. "Seems like u like this course very much... putting so much time into working ur lab materials"
I was like... "err...yaa?"
lol... then I realized.. ya..maybe I do like this course a little bit more than other courses.. x)
n felt kinda sad it is ending so fast.. x( hope it was a full year course... hahaha... should suggest this to the department to make it into a full year course so students can learn more.. LOLOL!!!!
why microbiology is a full year course n mycology is only a half year course????
FUNGUS IS A KINGDOM!! so many shit to learn lor.... hahaha....
n all the biology programs.. seems to only focus on animal..plant physiology.. molecular bio n genetics kind of areas.. how come no focus on fungus? LOL... ( maybe no one really interested in it.. ahahaha... )


Hooray.. Friday is coming.. both excited n stress... term tests 2 coming n assignments due-ing.. finals coming... AAaaahhHHH FARK!!

How kanasai can global warming affect the world climate n weather?
Just look at the temperature now in Toronto.. n it isn't even winter yet..
hahahaha.....
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment